GreenSky Trade Credit, LLC (“GSTC”) is committed to protecting the personally identifiable information of GreenSky® program customers and participating merchants.
Our Information-Sharing Practices Apply to the following groups of people participating in the GreenSky® programs:
- Former Customers
We Collect Information from:
- Applications, questionnaires and other forms you submit
(information such as your name, address and income)
- Your transactions with the GreenSky® programs, including lenders participating in the GreenSky® programs (information such as account balances, fees, payment history, checks, parties to transactions and credit card usage)
- Our communications with you, including recent copies of checks and responses to your inquiries
- Credit bureaus
(to determine your eligibility for credit or other financial products)
- Public sources, including census data and real estate records
- List vendors and membership lists, including magazine subscription lists
- Tools when you interact with us electronically, including “cookies”
We May Disclose the Information Described Above to:
- Companies in our corporate group
- Financial institutions participating in the GreenSky® programs
- Other financial services providers, such as credit bureaus, securities broker-dealers, insurance companies and other companies with which we have joint marketing agreements
(CA Residents: other than as required or permitted by law, we will not disclose information about you to other financial service providers with which we have joint marketing agreements, unless you authorize us to do so)
- Your merchant
- Non-financial service providers, such as retailers, online and offline advertisers, and companies who help market GTSC and products offered by program participants
- Selected business partners
(e.g., so they can alert you to their valuable products and services)
- Other third parties, including non-profit organizations, as required or permitted by law or when you permit us to share information about you
GreenSky Trade Credit, LLC (“GSTC”) is committed to protecting the personally identifiable information of individuals visiting the GreenSky® program websites, including but not limited to greenskycredit.com and greensky.com. (Collectively, “GreenSky® websites”) GreenSky® websites are not intended for use by individuals under 13 years old.
The Types of Information We Collect
When you visit GreenSky® websites or otherwise interact with us electronically, we may collect navigational and engagement information, such as pages visited and average time spent on a particular page. We may also collect technical information concerning your device (e.g. computer, mobile device, tablet, etc.) browser type, IP address, or the presence of any software necessary to view our site, as well as information about the device you use to access pages. This is done to help us analyze our site and enhance your experience, to alert you of any possible software compatibility issues as well as helping us to make decisions about how various technologies are used on our site. In some cases, we may also use this information to help protect the security of your personal and account information.
We may also collect personally identifiable information you choose to provide us. Such information may include name, address, telephone number, email address or sensitive financial information. We may collect this information through forms, applications, or electronic messages.
How It’s Used
When you or your representative provides personally identifiable information, we use it for many purposes, including but not limited to processing transactions on your account, responding to product applications and questions, and to fulfill regulatory requirements.
We maintain policies against the unauthorized disclosure or use of personally identifiable information and have appropriate safeguards in place to prevent unauthorized access.
These tracking tools may be anonymous or encrypted, and in most cases do not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address. We may use these technologies to individually identify your interaction with our emails, including your opening of emails and reading content linked to in the emails.
If we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from your web browser or other mechanism aimed at allowing consumers to express a preference regarding the collection of personally identifiable information with respect to your online activities on and across third-party web sites, we do not specifically respond to it. While we respect all laws regarding “Do Not Track,” we, like many commercial web site owners, may use conversion pixels to track activities that occur on our web site so that we can better tailor our web site and our products to our customer needs. Our practices in this regard are lawful and a common part of what makes the Internet convenient and easy for consumers to use.
We will always honor your request not to receive marketing materials for GSTC or the GreenSky® program. You can also opt out of having your personally identifiable information shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.Call us toll free: 1-866-223-7098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have your account number(s) available.If you have a joint account, your opt-out applies to every person on the account. If you have multiple accounts with the program, you must opt-out separately for each account.
- Protect your information. Never give your Social Security number or personal credit information over the phone or the Internet unless you initiate the communication. Keep your personal identification number (PIN) and password in a safe place. Try to memorize your PIN and password and do not write them down with your account information.
- Destroy and/or securely store your account records. Tear or shred receipts, bank statements and unused credit card offers. Keep billing statements and other account related documents in a safe place.
- Immediately report lost or stolen checks or credit cards.
- Memorize your personal identification numbers—don’t carry them in your wallet.
- Promptly review all monthly financial statements and immediately report any discrepancies.
- Retain receipts from all ATM, debit and credit card transactions. When you’re ready to dispose of them, make sure your account number is not readable.
- Immediately sign new credit cards.
- Report unusual telephone or e-mail inquiries or other suspicious activity to your telephone company or local law enforcement authorities.
- Learn about the children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and follow the tips for parents at the Federal Trade Commission’s Web site for children’s privacy at http://business.ftc.gov/documents/alt046-childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule-not-just-kids-sites. We respect the privacy of your children, and we comply with the COPPA. We do not knowingly collect or retain personally identifiable information from individuals under the age of 13 online.
- Regularly review your credit report. Keeping your credit report error free is important. Order a copy of your credit report and report any mistakes to the credit bureau and the creditor reporting the information. See www.ftc.gov for more information on how to request one free credit report per year from each credit bureau.
- Check your billing statements. Review your statements thoroughly. Contact all your creditors immediately if you notice incorrect transactions.
- If you lose your credit card or suspect that you have been a victim of identity theft, immediately notify your creditors, local law enforcement and the credit bureau agencies listed above. If you think your identity has been stolen, you may want to visit http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/ sponsored by the Federal Trade Commission.
Update your personal information as necessary by calling us using the customer service number on your account statement.