- Former Customers;
- Merchants; and
Sources of Personal Information
Our Commitment to protecting your privacy applies to all of the information we may collect from you at any time during our relationship with you. Personally Identifiable Information may come from various sources. Some of the places where we collect such information from include the following:
- Applications, questionnaires and other forms you submit to us;
- Your applications and transactions with the GreenSky® programs, including lenders participating in the GreenSky® programs;
- Our communications with you online, on the phone and by mail, including recent copies of checks and responses to your inquiries;
- Credit bureaus;
- Public records, including court information, census data and real estate records;
- List vendors and membership lists, including magazine subscription lists; and
- Tools when you interact with us electronically, including “cookies.”
Disclosure of Personal Information
We May Disclose the Personally Identifiable Information Described Above to:
- Companies in our corporate group;
- Financial institutions participating in the GreenSky® programs;
- Other financial services providers, such as credit bureaus, securities broker-dealers, insurance companies and other companies with which we have joint marketing agreements;
- Your merchant;
- Non-financial service providers, such as retailers, online and offline advertisers, and companies who help market GSTC and products offered by program participants;
- Selected business partners (e.g., so they can alert you to their valuable products and services);
- Other third parties, including non-profit organizations, as required or permitted by law or when you permit us to share information about you; and
California Residents: Other than as required or permitted by law, we will not disclose Personally Identifiable Information about you to other financial service providers with which we have joint marketing agreements, unless you authorize us to do so.
- Personally Identifiable Information
On behalf of our lending participants, the GreenSky® loan program is committed to protecting “Personally Identifiable Information,” including but not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, income, financial and banking information (including checking information and credit card data), social security number, telephone number. Our information-sharing practices apply to the following groups of people participating in the GreenSky® programs: consumers, customers, former customers, applicants, Merchants, and sponsors.
- Important information regarding use of the Website.
- Information collected by GSTC.
We collect Personally Identifiable Information at various times when you use our Website, including when you submit loan applications, request prequalification for a loan, respond to questionnaires, conduct transactions, or communicate with us and our representatives. The Personally Identifiable Information we collect includes your name, address, e-mail address, income, financial and banking information (including checking information and credit card data), social security number, telephone number, as well as other information that uniquely identifies you. Additionally, each time you visit the Website, the web server may automatically collect certain types of information. Some examples of information we may automatically collect include:
- Information about your internet service provider, browser, operating system, and device;
- Cookies to recognize when you are visiting the Website;
- Data related to your location at the time of accessing our Website, and
- Beacons to know if a certain page was visited or an email was opened.
- Our use of your Personally Identifiable Information.
We use your Personally Identifiable Information:
- To process transactions on your account;
- To assess your creditworthiness when you apply for a loan or pre-qualification for a loan;
- To manage and service loans you have with us;
- To communicate with you about your GreenSky® Program loans and the use of our Website;
- To advise you of promotions, sales, or other special opportunities; and
- Personally Identifiable Information of children.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personally Identifiable Information about children under the age of 18. Our Website is not designed for or directed to children under the age of 18. If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personally Identifiable Information to us, we will delete the information from our records. If you become aware of any Personally Identifiable Information we collected from children under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disclosure of my Personally Identifiable Information to third parties.
By accessing our Website, you are authorizing us to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information as follows:
- To companies in our corporate group;
- To third parties, including lenders participating in the GreenSky® programs, financial services providers (such as credit bureaus, securities broker-dealers, and insurance companies), companies with which we have joint marking agreements, retailers, online and offline advertisers, companies that help market our products, and non-profit organizations; and
We do not sell or rent your Personally Identifiable Information. We share information collected through our Website with the parties described above, and these companies are contractually restricted from using, selling, or disclosing your information except as may be necessary to provide services to us and are bound to agreements to protect your information.
- Our security safeguards.
We and our third-party service providers use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to secure your Personally Identifiable Information. Although we work to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you should be aware that no technology is perfect and that there is always some risk involved in transferring data over the Internet, particularly if you send information to us through an unsecured means, such as email.
- Reviewing information we have collected on you and opting out of information sharing and use.
Information retained in our active databases. If you would like to review or correct any Personally Identifiable Information we have retained about you in our active databases, please send an e-mail request to email@example.com. Opting out from our solicitations. If you receive an e-mail from GSTC or a GreenSky® program relating to any offer or promotion and wish to be removed from future email solicitations, you will have the option to do so. If you opt out, the only future email communication you will receive from us will be transactional or relationship messages, such as payment reminder messages, in response to questions from you, or to resolve any customer service issues you may have reported. Information relating to services provided by our service providers and lenders. If you need help accessing your information related to a service provided by one of our service providers or information held by your lender, we will assist you by referring you to the appropriate third party. Please contact us for that information by submitting an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Limiting Information Sharing. You may limit when we may share information about you. You may exercise one or more of your opt-out choices described. Call us toll free at 866-223-7098 or write to us at GreenSky® Attn: Information Sharing Opt-Out, P.O. Box 29429, Atlanta, GA 30359. If you write to us, please include your account number, contact phone number, and full name on the account. If you have a joint account, your opt-out applies to every person on the account. If you have multiple accounts with us, you must opt-out separately for each account.
- California Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that may transmit “do not track” signals to websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. At this time, we do not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” (DNT) systems that would allow us to respond to such browser “do not track” signals.
- Your California privacy rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request and receive information regarding the disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information by us or any of our affiliates to a third party for its direct marketing purposes. Any such requests for information can be made by sending an email to email@example.com or calling us toll free at 855-809-1889.
Keep your records secure: Destroy and/or securely store your account records. Tear or shred receipts, bank statements and unused credit card offers. Keep billing statements and other account related documents in a safe place. Retain receipts from all ATM, debit and credit card transactions. When you’re ready to dispose of them, make sure your account number is not readable and they are properly disposed of in a way that they cannot be recovered and used improperly.
Report account issues: Immediately report lost or stolen account information, checks, debit cards, and credit cards to your account provider. Promptly review all monthly financial statements and immediately report any discrepancies. Report unusual telephone or e-mail inquiries or other suspicious activity to your Telephone Company or local law enforcement authorities.
Immediately report identity theft: If you suspect that you have been a victim of identity theft, immediately notify your creditors, local law enforcement and the credit bureau agencies listed above. If you think your identity has been stolen, you may want to visit http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/ sponsored by the Federal Trade Commission.
Sign your cards: Immediately sign new credit cards and keep them in a secure place where others cannot readily access your card information.
Learn about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA): Read about the Act and follow the tips for parents at the Federal Trade Commission’s Web site for children’s privacy at http://business.ftc.gov/documents/alt046-childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule-not-just-kids-sites. We respect the privacy of your children, and we comply with the COPPA. We do not knowingly collect or retain personally identifiable information from individuals under the age of 13 online.
Review your credit report regularly: Regularly review your credit report. Keeping your credit report error free is important. Order a copy of your credit report and report any mistakes to the credit bureau and the creditor reporting the information. See www.ftc.gov for more information on how to request one free credit report per year from each credit bureau.
Update your account information when it changes: Update your personal information as necessary by calling us using the customer service number on your account statement. We ask that you call us immediately if your address, telephone number, or other contact information you have provided to us has changed. This will ensure that there is no delay or interruption in the service we provide to you.